Cosmic defined the requirements and developed an RFP for a new Teacher Certification System for the State of New Jersey. The newly designed system will allow for applicants for teacher licenses to apply over the web. It will also be integrated with the phone system to obtain application status from the Oracle database. The system will incorporate database management, document management, imaging, workflow, collection of fees and content management. In order to define the requirements for the new system, Cosmic needed to redefine business processes. The deliverables for this project included the following:
- Lotus Notes application development with Oracle as a backend. Seamless integration of mail server with Lotus Notes application. Web development using Lotus Notes application and Lotus Notes administration for the Enterprise.
- Configuration, installation and administration of Windows 2000 and NT on 6000 machines. Administered Exchange Servers, file and print servers. Designed and implemented migration strategy from Windows NT to Windows 2000.
- Configured Cisco routers series 1700, 2500, 2600, 3600 and Cisco Catalyst 6500, Catalyst 2900 switches.
- Managed the automated application software deployment process for different users and computer centrally from one location using Group Policy through Active Directory Service using Windows Installer Packages/ .MSI package files.
- Deployed and administered Microsoft Systems Management Server for desktop and software management and distribution.
- Installed secured communication through VPN, Firewall, Incident handler and Remote Access Service.
- Conducted user training of network tools and applications.
- Implemented System Backup & Recovery strategy and scheduled the routine maintenance including patch updations